Saturday, October 6, 2007

Progress...

Feeling so much better, it is quite incredible. After only three days my blood sugars are so much more stable and I am regularly achieving the goals of:


1hr after eating: Under 8
2hr after eating: Under 6.5

However the fasting goal is a long way from where it should be and is currently hovering between 7.5 and 7.8. I am aiming for Under 6 which at this point feels really hard, but after getting better after meals readings, feeling a lot more energetic, finding the plan really easy (a lot easier than feeling so rotten and just lying on the couch) I am sure it will eventually happen. Plus my meds have been increased to 3 x 500 a day (Metformin). I am trying to incorporate foods that I love but find lower spike ways to have them eg yesterday I had a caramel decaf frappe at Gloria Jeans with the guilt free caramel syrup (worked like a charm). I also had a Subway wrap for lunch which was delicious and once again perfect sugars. Oh, and I have lost a kg.

In other news:

Grading for Blue belt at karate in three weeks and then Green belt blue tag four weeks after that woohoo

Starting weapons (like a broomstick lol) on Thursdays and I am really loving that, I especially love the karta.

Go Matt Corby on Idol - he is fabulous and I can't wait to see what they all sing this week.

Back to school Monday - I will miss the boys but it will be so good to get back into an ironing routine.

No comments: